Johannesburg set for 2022 Red Bull Dance Your Style World Final
South African city to host thrilling one-on-one competition on December 10.
The South African city of Johannesburg will host the 2022 Red Bull Dance Your Style World Final on December 10 as over 60 dancers from 30 countries will compete for the world champion title in the thrilling global one-on-one competition. Here is all you need to know:
- Red Bull Dance Your Style is a global all-styles street dance series with a unique battle format where dancers look to win the crowd vote whether it is through hip hop, house, locking or popping styles.
- Testing freestyle and musicality skills through unpredictable mainstream tracks ranging from recent global hits to classic beats, Red Bull Dance Your Style celebrates outgoing dance personalities.
- France hosted the first Red Bull Dance Your Style World Final in 2019 at the historic Grande Halle de La Villette in Paris with over 4000 attendees and over 3.8M online viewers seeing Dutch dancer Shinshan beat 39 others from all over the globe to become the first-ever World Champion.
- The 2022 edition has already seen 27 dancers earn their spot from their respective country national finals that took place in 2021, while others still have the opportunity to wow their local audiences and book their place.
- 2021's South African national winner Shanny J is looking forward to highlighting her expressive fusions of waacking and voguing with all the proudly South African distinct dance styles.
- Raised in Boksburg's Reiger Park, she said: "I'm ecstatic to have the opportunity to represent South Africa in our home country at the Red Bull Dance Your Style World Final. Winning the national final was an absolute dream and having the chance to go up against the world's best dancers in my hometown is a challenge that I'm excited and training hard for."